This Miscellaneous Minor Works Permit Application is an application for the Minor Works Permit (PKK), Partition Wall Permit (PDS), Commercial Awning Permit (PAK) and Residential Awning Permit (PA).
This Miscellaneous Minor Works Permit Application can be submitted to the Seremban City Council by the owner himself without having to obtain the services of a consultant. As such, the owner is fully responsible for the structures built, especially in terms of materials used, position, stability and strength of the structures built.
The owner only needs to choose the type of permit for which he wants to apply based on the type of works he wants to carry out, and sign the applicant acknowledgement and letter of undertaking. It is reminded that the Seremban City Council will not be held responsible for any claims, prosecutions or actions resulting from the said construction works.
Types of Miscellaneous Minor Works Permits
- Minor Works Permit (PKK)
Among the categories of permitted minor construction are piping works & installation of sanitary equipment, electrical wiring & installation works, floor and wall inner space improvement works, ceiling & building repair works, building repainting works, door and window repair works, floor/wall finishing replacement/installation works (tiling works), grille / entry gate installation works, built-in furniture installation works and residential fencing construction works.
- Partition Wall Permit (PDS)
This permit is for an application to construct partition walls within business premises. The maximum permitted number of spaces / rooms is five (5) spaces / rooms. For applications exceeding 5 spaces / rooms, the applicant has to submit a Building Plan Application through a registered Professional Architect / Building Draughtsman.
- Commercial Awning Permit (PAK)
The maximum permitted projection for the erected awning structure is 1.83 METRES (6 FEET) ONLY and the awning structure shall be erected WITHOUT POLE STRUCTURES and is NOT PERMITTED to be constructed on the road and vehicle parking lot. Public areas covered by awnings shall be left EMPTY without any obstructions / barriers such as business activities, merchandise racks, chairs and dining tables and other related obstructions, except those permitted by the Council and to be kept for public use.
- Residential Awning Permit (PA)
Approved Awning Permits (Residential) will be given a validity period for permission to carry out works for three (3) months only. Awning applications for total awning areas of more than 45m² (500sqf) are NOT PERMITTED to use this permit application form and must submit plans through Registered Architect Consultants / Draughtsmen.
Method of Applying
- The applicant shall duly complete the Miscellaneous Minor Works Permit Application (MBS/JKB/PP/07) form. For further information, please go to the Building Control Department Counter at the MBS Main Office or Nilai Branch Office.
- The following documents MUST be enclosed:
- The application form printed on BLUE paper with the page sequence of the form maintained. (only for applicants who download the form from the Seremban City Council website).
- A copy of the applicant’s IDENTITY CARD crossed with the words “FOR MBS USE ONLY“.
- A copy of the LAND OWNERSHIP / OFFICIAL SEARCH document.
- A copy of the SALE AND PURCHASE AGREEMENT / PREMISES RENTAL AGREEMENT.
- A copy of the latest QUIT RENT & ASSESSMENT TAX which has been paid.
- A copy of the duly completed APPLICANT’S LETTER OF UNDERTAKING (MBS/JKB/B/15).
- A copy of the PREVIOUS APPLICANT’S PERMIT APPROVAL (only for ownership takeover / transfer applicants)
- 1 set of complete A4-sized SKETCH PLANS, together with detailed information such as the structure position location, construction specifications, type of materials etc. relating to the permit applied.
- PICTURES of the current conditions at site according to the permit applied.
- Miscellaneous Minor Works Permit Application Form
- Applicant’s Letter of Undertaking (Miscellaneous Minor Works Permit)
- All payments may be made in the form of:
- Postal Order / Banker’s Cheque
In favour of : MAJLIS BANDARAYA SEREMBAN
- Cash Payment
(only for applications at the Nilai Branch Office)
- A copy of the Online Payment Transaction Slip
MAJLIS BANDARAYA SEREMBAN
Maybank : 5550 1421 7763
- 2 photocopies of the POSTAL ORDER / BANKER’S CHEQUE / CASH PAYMENT BILL COPY / ONLINE PAYMENT TRANSACTION SLIP COPY submitted.
MBS Main Office :
Building Control Department Counter,
Nilai Branch Office :
Building Control Department Counter,